Tom Esch is involved in courageous conversations since 1969 when a whiffle ball game ended badly. Since then he has become a specialist in challenging situations and has inspired more than 20,000 people around the world with his messages. Tom has two master's degrees, one from the University of Notre Dame in S. Bend, Indiana and the other in Conflict Resolution from the Process Work Institute in Portland, Oregon and the other. He currently is President of Esch Consulting, LLC, a business that helps people prevent and manage conflict.
Do emotions or interpersonal challenges ever get in the way of your productivity as a manager/analyst/project manager/technical person? Do you feel frustrated when it is hard to get needed information, negotiate between perspectives that are in conflict or collaborate with others on a stressful project?
In today's marketplace, you need to be technically and emotionally intelligent. Perhaps you have all the technical preparation you need but would like to grow your emotional intelligence. In this presentation, you will learn exactly what emotional intelligence is and how important it is too good communication, especially in stressful situations and conflict reticent cultures.
Why should you attend?
- Because according to industry experts, across the board, EQ skills are more important to job performance than any other leadership skill
- 90% of high performers are also high in emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence correlates positively to conflict prevention and resolution
- You can grow your emotional intelligence
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Participants will be able to define emotional intelligence and name 3 benefits of using emotional intelligence in their work
- Participants will learn why emotional intelligence is vital for success in life and work
- Participants will discover 3 ways to grow their emotional intelligence
Who can Benefit:
Technical, health, legal, IT, construction, auditors, project managers, anyone who manages in a stressful world