Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc", a nationally acclaimed speaker, writer, and "Psychohumorist", is a former psychotherapist and Stress Violence Prevention Consultant for the U.S. Postal Service. The Doc is a Trauma Debriefing and Critical Incident Consultant for variety of organizations, including the national post-earthquake, Nepali Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative. He has led numerous transformative -- silo-breaking and communications bridge-building -- Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for US Army Senior Officers and Sergeants. From a Ft. Hood Bri........
In a 24/7 always on, TNT - Time-Numbers-Technology - Driven-Distracted World, filled with change and uncertainty, to build personal-professional resilience we must rapidly identify stress "smoke signals." Also vital, is understanding the individual and organizational characteristics that facilitate burnout, as well as the burnout battlefront stages. Then, let the Stress Doc's "Get FIT" - FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking - program provide tools for: a) Burnout Prevention/Recovery, b) Psychological Hardiness, and c) Natural SPEED. Learn techniques for dealing with loss and change and for disarming self-defeating power struggles. Learn to positively set boundaries while gaining structures and strategies for building more diverse-inclusive-participatory teams. Finally, experience the power of sharing playful and powerful stories to break down the "Intimate FOE," status barriers, and generate openness and camaraderie. Create a more equal "helmets off" and "we're all in this together" atmosphere and culture.
Why should you attend?
This training is for anyone realizing that in times of rapid change and uncertainty personal resilience and healing/harmonizing humor in the face of stress, loss, and change certainly influence productivity and emotional well-being. In addition, these stress resilience resources and strategies impact our capacity to empathize, connect, and productively partner with others. And both personal and interpersonal dynamics impact the productive, supportive, and collaborative potential of work groups and teams.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Rapidly discover stress smoke signals along with the Four Stages of Burnout
- Discover "The Six 'R's of Burnout Recovery and manage transitional challenges through research-based "Psychological Hardiness"
- Discover the creative and new vision potential in "letting go" and "The Eight 'F's for Managing Loss and Change"
- Learning how to say "No" constructively with colleagues and "higher ups"
- Disarm and defuse power struggles by asking courageous "good questions" and using affirming "I" messages while reducing status tensions and learning to build trust
- Discover team exercises, structures and strategies for managing stress, enhancing team inclusion-participation and collaborative problem-solving
- Closing tips and techniques for humor, Natural SPEED and Brain Agility along with the Doc's acclaimed "Shrink Rap" TM.
Who can Benefit:
All personnel levels - from front-line employees to all levels of management will gain skills, tools, and strategies for: 1) identifying stress and burnout warning signs and 2) positively developing stress, conflict, and change resilience skills in both themselves and in colleagues, team members, and those they supervise/manage. Clearly, individuals, teams, and the organization as a whole benefit when a work culture is more stress resilient and focused, open and fun!