Dr. Michael Abitz is an Adjunct Professor at New Mexico Jr. College, Hobbs, NM. He received his Doctorate in Management from Colorado Technical University and Master of Science in Quality Assurance from California State University.
Areas of interest include teaching online, mentoring organizations in problem-solving and process improvement; to date cost savings include $15.6M in addition to $14M in sales.
- Webinars for Increasing Customer Satisfaction and Profit
- Process Reliability Modeling: Management and Cost Savings Process
- Collect Process Effectiveness and Efficiency Information Within the Organization
- Analyze Effectiveness and Efficiency Data to Calculate Probability of Passing Work Through Departments and Organization
- Engage Root Cause Failure Analysis to Eliminate Ineffective Processes
- Root Cause Failure Analysis: Problem Identification and Correction
- Create an Effective Problem Solving Culture
- Dissect Problem(s) to Identify Root Causes
- Identify and Test Solutions
- Align Corporate Strategy, Structure and Systems: Achieve Corporate Objectives
- Identify Strategic Challenges to Your Organization
- Learn How to Overcome Strategic Challenges
- Engage Process Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Failure Analysis and Alignment of Corporate Strategy To Maximize Profitability
Dr. Abitz's professional experiences include aerospace and computer industries where he developed and presented training in: organizational process improvement, Six Sigma (35 classes) and root cause failure analysis to U.S. companies and Pacific Rim suppliers.
Interests include Amateur Radio and playing chess with his wife Donna. Dr. Abitz, Donna, and Belle Kitty currently reside in Marcus, Iowa.
Results-oriented Quality Professional with extensive experience in designing, aligning and managing engineering, transactional and manufacturing processes.
Created Process Reliability Modeling (PRM) resulting in $15.6M in sales. PRM is a management tool used to determine the likelihood of passing work through any organization's processes. From the results process owners can determine cost to organization's bottom line and engage appropriate solutions.
PRM is capable of detecting small changes within individual process that will affect the overall reliability and success of an organization.
NRC Curriculum Developer and Adjunct professor at New Mexico Jr. College. Courses developed and taught include: